So, new year and new habits. There is nothing different. This year, I am going to make it count by doing a monthly review of the habits and goals I set for myself, and keep pruning it until it makes sense and I am able to follow through.
First things first. Couple of noteworthy things. My weight didnt budge a bit, and I have ended up with sore legs because of zumba. Still, no hope. And My office work has been still suffering to an extent. There are lot of adhoc activities I did and I did not respect the plan and routine I made for myself at all. This is the summary.
I made a list of habits and started tracking them from 10th of January. That makes it 22 days of tracking. Quick look at the habits and how I fared at them this month –
Sleep by 10 pm – 7 /22. Longest streak – 3 days.
Eat dinner by 7 pm – 5 /22 Longest streak – 3 days
Coriander water early morning – 14/22 Longest streak – 6 days
Pranayama – 5 /22 Longest streak – 3 days
Meditation – 7/22 Longest streak – 4 days
Read 30 mins – 2/22 Longest streak – 1 day
Thyroid Asanas and Mudras – 2 /22 Longest streak – 1 day
Brush Teeth at night – 11/22 Longest streak – 4 days
Record expenses – 14/22 Longest streak – 8 days
Write 100 words – 12/22 Longest streak – 4 days
Wash face in the evening – 10/22 Longest streak – 3 days
Eat 2 eggs – 0 /22
Track food – 15/22 Longest streak – 8 days
Get sun for 15 mts – 8/22 Longest streak – 3 days
Weekly Habits –
Read Ken Articles – 0 /3
Listen MoneyControl Podcast – 0 / 3
Skin routine – 2/ 3
Hair Routine – 1/ 3
Which gives? I’ve been at my best at recording expenses, and recording diet. Although I know on the diet part – I have not been particular at all and have eaten a lot of stuff that I should not have eaten at the time I should not have eaten. Lack of discipline is appaling.
Couple of major hits this month –
- Cleaning of the entire house and buying new stuff for kitchen. It took really heavy toll on me to declutter the whole house and throw the 12 year old plastic dabbas that we still use every single day. So hygenic, I know!! Decluttered kitchen, bedrooms, kids racks and living space. Throwed away atleast 4 big bags of garbage. This has a direct impact on my mental well being – I no longer feel the racks are screaming at me to clean them all the time.
- Watched Web series “four Shots please” and couple of movies I wanted to catch up on. Read two books – each in one stretch. Again very very creatively satisfying initiatives for myself.
- As In laws went out of town, spent a considerable amount of time packing house in the evenings and morning, arranging bowls and cleaning the greens/ veggies that come home. Clothes drying and folding. Little things, but they quite add up. Now I can confidently say these things don’t scare me anymore and I have kind of mastered to do them mindlessly. This is quite a big achievement for me.
- Time spent with mobile. Not a lot of improvement, but as a rule now I am able to stay without touching the phone when kids are around. Even otherwise, the urge to check the phone every few minutes has gone. I found myself searching for phone quite few times this month, which is a welcome change for me where phone was like an extension for left hand, checking for messages or thinking about them. Extremely painful and riddled with lot of memories, few things I did on impulse which give me the much needed brain space to process other things in life.
Couple of misses this month –
- Mindless eating – I have not followed any rules regarding the food I eat and what I eat. Easy 250 -300 gms of saunf and a kg of sweets/ junk has gone into the tummy. Alternately, I have binge snacked after 10- 11 pm and have made no effort to replace it with any kind of healthy snacks.
- After a while, Have completely discarded by resolution to sleep at 10 pm and have gleefully sat with kindle or some online videos and slept after 2 or 3 pm.
- Irregularity in workout routine – Work was an excuse not to go, and I got neither done. And ended up with sore legs and more weight than I was.
- Anger Bouts – This month I’ve had two or three anger bouts that lasted for quite few days; It was almost impossible to pull myself up and get back to routine. None of the habits were strong enough to pull me up from the endless rock bottom I was staring yet.
Its already Feb 4th and I have decided to prune my list of habits to the doable ones and add a few and remove a few.
Stuff that’s gonnna remain –
- Coriander water
- Track expenses
- Track food
- Sleep by 10 pm
- Dinner by 7 pm
- Write 100 words
- Brush teeth at night
Stuff that’s gonna be off for February –
- Read 30 mins
- Thyroid Asanas and Mudras
- Wash face in the evening
- Eat 2 eggs
All the Weekly routines will be intact for the next month for more data.
Stuff that’s gonna be added to the tracker –
- Get up at 5 am ( This pretty much decides my day)
- 2 kms of walk everyday ( To confirm that my legs will still work for rest of the day)
Macro Goals to achieve this month –
- Aadhaar Works
- House Enhancement works – Carpentry, Masonry Works
- General Servicing – Water Purifier
- Finish one book on Personal Investment and Make notes / Investments
- Cook 3 dishes for the family
- Declutter and pack Toy Rack for the kids
Today I’m up at 5 and spent the next one hour doing review and planning february – Way to go!!
This his how the new habit tracker looks like –
Let’s catch up again in first week of March to understand how I did in February. Have a good day and keep rocking!!