My Facebook post today morning reads –
I’ve newly joined an MNC in the capacity of a Delivery Manager. I’ve worked in Delivery before, but never in such an ambiguous situation. My lack of ability to plan things well has been amplifying the ambiguity even more. Cannot wash dirty linen in public for obvious reasons – but today morning I got up a little early and spent time thinking on how to make things better. And where I am possibly going wrong to end up where I actually ended up.
- Set up clear priorities at work and at life. What does that mean? Simply, first decide what are your R &R . Roles and responsibilities. Make a list and re-visit and agree with your boss at home and at work. Ask if this is what you are expected to do.
- Plan atleast a week in advance. Resources – in office, what people and where? At home – what grocery and what to cook? Be ready on sunday.
- Communicate. A lot of times, what you assume might be wrong. There is already work being done which can help you. Or you can ask for it. EVerytime, check the assumptions before going ahead with your own master plan.
- Take things seriously and yourself easy. You are going to make rookie mistakes, and given the mid management position you are in – damn you do, damn you don’t.
- Always always always send the status updates. Never be in a position, where other people are wondering what exactly you do at work. A very bad pace to be in, in front of your peers.
- There are always going to be opinions on how to do things, and how to do them better – when you are doing them. Learn to ignore, unless they are really useful.
I can go on and on..but time to start the day!
Have a good day and keep rocking.