Back in Hyderabad, we used to live in a duplex house. Ever since we moved to Bangalore – it’s an apartment in an apartment complex. The changes I observed prompted me to write this blog post.
Own duplex house:
1. Duplex house gives a feel of ‘ownness’, everything including the land is yours.
2. The terrace. I’ve spent countless mornings at my terrace drinking coffee and observing nature, strolling and listening to podcasts or simply sitting in a corner and writing. My spot in terrace was always special. The fresh air breeze always soothed me and helped to refresh almost instantly.
3. The physical excercise. Being a duplex with internal stairs and my forgetful nature, you can only imagine how many times I’d go up n down. I’d never need an excercise machine for my legs in my life.
4. Lots and lots of space. I had place to hide stuff I wanted but not now.
1. Lots and lots of people. For an extrovert like me, just watching groups of people is a great energy booster.
2. In house facilities within the apartment complex and for free.
3. Lot of play area for saanvi. So much that the first day we came here, she ran off until the gate in the 5 seconds we spent doing something else and not watching her.
4. Community events. More people, more fun.
All said and fine, my life is still 75% the same because the wonderful family set up I had in Hyderabad continues here. Afterall, home is where heart is!:)