From the Internet
I’m a self proclaimed extrovert. Social interaction stimulates me, and lack of really pushes me to the other extreme. Only after I started working from home, did I realize the pain social isolation can cause to an extrovert. Don’t get me wrong – I am busy all the time, and probably always behind my schedule too. But, the very act of going to physical office and just watching a whole lot of people around me energizes me. It’s as if i draw my energy from all the people around me. By text book definition, an extrovert is:
Energized by the outer world
Acts First, thinks later
Values breadth of experience.
Bingo! You know me really well now:) With time, you need to find solutions for everything. While working from home, and no social contact – I had to find ways to keep myself motivated. Here are a few tips that worked for me, might be you googled to find out exactly these:
1. Go out of the home every single day : But where? Doesn’t matter. How long? Doesn’t matter. Just GO OUT. Take a walk or visit the temple. Go to vegetable market. While working from home, it is very easy to get isolated even from your own family. Internet is one of the best and worst inventions of mankind. This will help you charge your internal extrovert battery.
2. Take frequent breaks between work : If you need to sit at the computer for long, get up every hour or so. Even if you think you don’t need to. Talk to another person in the house about anything in the world and then go back to work.
3. Excercise: This is really helpful. It will help clear lot of mental clutter and keeps you focused on the right things. Excercise atleast 15 minutes every single day.
4. Meditate: End of the day, if you are not peaceful – the entire game is lost. Trust me, meditation is the best gift you can give to yourself. Do it every single day.
5. Talk to loved ones on the phone : Call you Dad, Mom or your best friend. Chat with them on how things are. Chances are you’ll end up talking about what you are feeling at the moment and just talking eases things with us.
6. Play with your kids: This is the best suggestion I can give to anyone who is at home with kids. You probably get more time than when you went out, so savor that time and play with them. Laugh silly and do some art. Paint with your fingers and have fun.
These are the 6 Strategies I currently use to keep myself charged up every single day.
Have a good day and keep rocking!!