What’s bad? Your kid getting sick.
What’s worse? Administering the medicine 3 times a day for a period of time without fail.
Why am I writing about this now? My daughter has been advised to be on iron tonic for 3 months to cover her anemia. The first 2 times, she fancied drinking from the cup that comes with the tonic bottle. After her fancy subsidised, she banned the medicine. I used this trick invented by my lovely husband Vinod last year.
Here’s what you do:
1.Buy a syringe. Take the needle out.
2. One of your family members to hold the baby firmly. ( Mine was 2 years 10 months as of doing this with her.)
3. Fill the syringe with the medicine.
4. Open her mouth and administer such a small dose that she cannot spit even if she want to.
5. Keep doing step 4 until the medicine is complete.
6. Praise the kid for taking the medicine.
Bingo! and You are done.
Have a good day and keep rocking!!