I saw this recipe in ETV and wanted to make this delicious snack for all at home. That evening, I brought cow peas ( bobbarlu) and raw mango from the store. The snack turned our really really good and I was glad i tried it.
Cow peas : 250 gms, Chana Dal and Moong Dal – handful each
Raw mangoes – 2 ( Adjust according to the sour taste you can tolerate)
Cabbage – 1 small cup
Green chilli – 10
Ginger garlic paste: 2 tbsp
Mint Leaves : Bunch
Curry Leaves : Bunch
Cumin Seeds : 2 tbsp
1. Soak cow peas, Chana dal and Moong dal for 4 hours .
2. Keep few cow peas, chana dal and moong dal aside.
3. Grind all the rest of the ingredients without water to a smooth paste, except cumin seeds, mint leaves and curry leaves.
4. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and mint leaves to the smooth batter. Add salt.
5. Put oil on the stove and make the vadas.
> I used 1 raw mango which was very sour. But, the taste just disappeared and we didn’t feel the sourness at all. So, for 250 gm, 2 mangoes is suggested.
> These taste excellent with cut onions and lemon / chilli sauce / tomato sauce.
Have a good day and keep rocking!!