I always wanted to introduce more millets into my family’s routine. Quite picky people at taste, it is very difficult to satisfy their tastebuds with the flavorless millets. I bought 1 kg of oats few months back and still struggling to complete it. In an attempt to finish it off, I tried Oats kudumulu today.
Verdict : Good.
Here goes the recipe:
For the oats kudumulu:
1 cup oats
1/2 cup rice flour
cumin, jeera, thinly sliced green chilli, thinly sliced ginger, finely chopped spring onion and finely chopped coriander leaves.
1. Dry roast oats. Cool and grind to smooth powder.
2. Put all the items in tempering and let it fry well.
3. Mix oats powder, rice flour, tempered items and salt. Mix well with water.
4. Make round balls and press them with hand.
5. Take idly stand, grease it. Place kudumulu in idly stand and steam for about 10 minutes.
Chutney to go with: Onion – Tomato Chutney
Onions – 2 medium size
Tomato – 4 medium size
Red chilli – 6/7 (as per taste)
Asafoetida – a pinch
Chanadal – 1 table spoon
Coconut – 1 tbsp
Dry roast chana dal. Fry the red chilli and remove.
Cook onion and then tomato.
Once cool, grind all the ingredients adding enough salt.
The entire recipe ( kudumulu + chutney) took me about 45 minutes. This will make around 13 – which will be enough for 2 adults. Increase the quantities accordingly.
Here are the actual recipes. I tweaked them as per my family taste.
For Oats kudumulu :
For the chutney:
Have a great day and keep rocking!!