Today was very tough with Saanvi. To freshen my mood, i went to the refrigerator to find methi leaves. Being a big fan, I decided to make something with them.
Everyone from my family loved the recipe. Here it goes:
Methi leaves – 1 big bunch
Brijnal – 300 gms, cut into small cubes
Onion – 2 big
Tomato – 2 medium size
Green chilli – 6
Ginger – medium size piece
Cashew nuts – 6
1. Put the pan on the stove and add 3 tbsp of oil.
2. Add seasoning, and then add the finely chopped methi leaves. Close the lid and let it cook for about 4 minutes until the raw smell is completely gone.
3. Then add brinjal, and salt enough to cook the brinjal. Cover the lid agian and cook for another 5 minutes. Make sure the brinjal is completely cooked before adding the gravy.
4. When the brinjal is cooking, add all the ingredients in the section “For gravy” in blender and blend to smooth paste. There is no need to add water. Make sure no lumps are formed.
5. Add this gravy to the cooked brinjal – methi mixture and add enough salt for the entire curry to cook. Add a pinch of turmeric too. Close the lid and let it simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
Have a good day and keep rocking!!