Week 6 starts with a bang. Day 1 today. 5 minutes warmup, 9 minutes run, 3 minute walk and 9 minute running, followed by 5 min cool down.
The second 9 min was a bit intimidating, but I kept repeating myself the affirmations I have learnt to tell myself :
1. My mind and body will always support me in whatever I want to do.
2. To bs good at something, you need to get off your butt, and practice.
3. You are forming a new habit. Congratulate yourself over it, and avoid judging for the first 3-6 months. Habits are meant for lifetime, so give yourself time to build them up.
4. It takes 4 weeks for yourself to see a drop in weight, at least 8 weeks for family, and around 12 weeks for people around you. So, just relax and go with the flow.
5. You are an amazing person. This is a habit you are trying to form. You are already good at so many other things. If you try hard enough, you will be good at this too.
Guys, try to repeatedly tell these as you enter more into more-running-less-walking mode. You will definitely enjoy and never feel guilty.
Happy running !)