Pumpkin 250 GM
Coconut milk 150 GM
4 garlic clove
5 green chili
1 tbsp cumin pwd
1 pinch asafetida
1 bunch coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder to taste
1. Peel outer skin of pumpkin. Cut into medium size pieces. Boil in water until cooked, around 20 minutes.
2. Cut onion, garlic. Let them sit for 5 minutes, so that their medicinal benefits show up. take green chilli, cut into half.
3. Take a pan. Put 2 tbs oil. Add garlic, green chilli. Once cooked, add onion and cook for 2 mts. Turn off the stove. 4. Purée boiled pumpkin , cooked onion-mirchi-garlic, with salt, cumin powder and little hing.
5. Turn on the stove. Add about 100 – 150 GM of coconut milk. Add the purée. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
6. Chop some coriander leaves.
Soup is now ready. Serve in soup bowls, sprinkle with coriander and if you still crave some spice – add some black pepper powder n enjoy!:)