After my friends and my dear hubby repeatedly told me to focus first on weight loss, rather than a runner – I finally brought it into my notice. Today, climber 30 mins 250 calories. Ofcourse they were right. Given my soft corner for treadmill, I stepped on it again – brisk walking at incline 10 and pace 5. In 5 minutes, i spent 50 calories. Pretty impressed. Now, I think I am going to split up my workouts across many variations. But, deep down my heart, all I want at this moment is to close my eyes, keep running and enjoy the innermost peace possible.
With a full fresh coconut at home, it’s time for coconut laddoo. I picked up the recipe at gayatrivantillu. I’ll let you all know how it went.
Oh, and another thing. I just lost my 1 hour of time, due to say light savings.
Good day guys, keep rocking !:)
Ok, I know I am the last one on planet earth to read this one. Wait, I know another soul who is still to read this – my dear hubby. So, when I started reading the book – he told me to explain the story after I was finished. Clearly, he had no intentions of reading the book. So, today when I started explaining to him – he looked tired and confused. His simple question – can you explain the story in 10 points and your review in 3 points. I failed miserably, being a very verbose person. However, that was enough to keep my monkey brain busy through the day.
Here is the story of the book in 10 points:
1.the bloodline of Jesus Christ is alive.
2. The documents depicting human nature of Jesus Christ, and the identities of the Jesus Christ bloodline are protected by a group of people , called as priory of Sion.
3. A historian thinks that, priory is black mailed by church, and hence never reveals the truth to the world.
4. The historian’s wish is to reveal the Jesus Christ secret to the world.
5. He uses top most officials of opus dei(a Christian missionary) to get the keystone that contains the secret.
6. Another historian, with the help of priory member’sgrand daughter unlocks all the puzzles involved in opening the keystone.
7. The two historians are friends, and the selfish historian helps the other one and grand daughter for solving all the puzzles.
8. The selfish historian is sent to jail, and he never finds out where the documents are.
9. The priory’s grand daughter is jesus christ’s bloodline, along with her brother.
10. The historian finally discovers the location of the grail documents, and let’s it remain a secret as per the died priory member’s wishes.
1. The concept of faith mentioned in the book is excellent.
2. For a non Christian like me, I felt like a kindergarten student with graduation textbooks. But, concepts well explained.
3. Some characters stole the whole stage, while others just looked on. Can be better at police and other’s characteristics.
So, that’s it for now.good night and sweet dreams.
I am having a problem. The first 10 mins of the run is awesome, i can get myself to run till the signal. Once I cross the signal, and see a bit of high inclination on the road, my everything is just forcing me to stop. After I posted last time, I went for run every single day and this is what happening.
My affirmations are working to an extent, I run about half the distance in return.
How do I get myself to run the 10 minutes nonstop after the Return at the traffic signal?
When I was a fresher, everything I did was a challenge, and every single task I completed made me so proud. Now, nearing 9 years in IT industry, I can say that the excitement is there, but not certainly for every task I take up.
I had the opportunity of working with more senior people in the team. Anything you tell them, they know already. And you get that looook.
I think, it’s really important to see the things from the other person’s perspective as well.
So, my advise to the experts out there:
1. Please do not think people with lesser experience than you are dumb.
2. If you think the other person has done something he’s proud of – may be you can pat their back too. Doesn’t make you look any smaller.
3. Stop making references to your grandeur achievement in your career, really all people are interested are in themselves.
Usually, as people get more experience in the IT industry, they are more narrow minded and bitchy. Keep an eye, and you will notice the signs, if there are any.
For good or bad, the gym doors were closed even today. Ran outdoor again. Today was good than previous run, but I can still do lot better. Ran for 10 mins straight, stop at big signal, ran for 2 mins, walk for 1 min, ran for 7 min, walk for 5 mins back home.
The difference I noticed was, although my legs were kind of forcing me to stop,there is no pain in them. I think, now it’s all about how diligent I am in practicing my running.
On another note, my dear hubby tells me to do climber, as his friend loses 700 cal in an hour. I am barely around 100. My main aim being losing weight, what he said made sense. But, i have seen so many runners outside , that I have a strong urge to be a runner.
After my no-timing food intake yesterday, decided to look for an iPhone app to keep food journal.
Yesterday, the gym was closed when I went, so i chose to run outdoors instead. Currently at week 6 day 2, I was supposed to run for 20 minutes. But, a big letdown. I was barely able to run for 2-3 minutes. Had to stop continuously. Very disappointed. Going to gym as per schedule tomorrow. Treadmill is a bit less intimidating than outdoors. How am I going to do my 4K run on MAY 20????
Week 6 starts with a bang. Day 1 today. 5 minutes warmup, 9 minutes run, 3 minute walk and 9 minute running, followed by 5 min cool down.
The second 9 min was a bit intimidating, but I kept repeating myself the affirmations I have learnt to tell myself :
1. My mind and body will always support me in whatever I want to do.
2. To bs good at something, you need to get off your butt, and practice.
3. You are forming a new habit. Congratulate yourself over it, and avoid judging for the first 3-6 months. Habits are meant for lifetime, so give yourself time to build them up.
4. It takes 4 weeks for yourself to see a drop in weight, at least 8 weeks for family, and around 12 weeks for people around you. So, just relax and go with the flow.
5. You are an amazing person. This is a habit you are trying to form. You are already good at so many other things. If you try hard enough, you will be good at this too.
Guys, try to repeatedly tell these as you enter more into more-running-less-walking mode. You will definitely enjoy and never feel guilty.
Happy running !)