Everyday my daughter is busy teaching me lot of things. I am sure she will be a good teacher, if she wishes one day. Just kidding. Through fun or frustration, I learn a lot of things on dealing with her, from her. This blog series will contain 25 things she taught me.
Lesson – 1
She is now 18 months and understands every single word we speak at home. So, when I try to feed her, she demands I put the whole plate in front of her, after which she can eat some, and put the rest all over her body. Any resistance from my side results in her louder voice. I realized, I was talking too much to her about food. Asking her to eat every single minute of the feeding session. And if she doesn’t eat food – brainless me start offering snacks one after another only to see her refuse. After a while, my frustrations pile up, and I end up in tears. For situation like these, below are my daughter’s lessons to me :
1. 18 mth babies understand. Don’t talk too much about food or persuade us too much.
2. Ignore us, when we are too much in mood for tantrums. It doesn’t help both of us.
3. Give some gap, before giving up on me.
4. We eat, may be not the quantity and item u want, but some other stuff. Keep trying.
5. Chill, as long as doc says I’m doing okay. I heard u were worse when u r kid 😉
That’s all for feeding lesson, more to come. Good night folks.