As I turned 39 today, I had one of my best birthdays ever. DBC cake, down by 6 kgs and wearing a knee length gown for first time and going out to the chatter, patter and love of the family. Absolutely fantastic. Long drive, too. Oh yes, how did I forget?
Am I older? Yes.
Am I wiser? Oh yes.
How? There are few changes I made in this year.
1. Stay more in body and less in mind. I finally, eventually fixed my overthinking problem by acting on every damn thing my mind got fixated upon in endless loops. So, now I do one of the three things : Do it immediately, or fix a time or record in Google keep with a timeframe attached to it or ignore and forget. This has worked incredibly well and majority of my mindspace is now free for important things.
2. Realized can’t be everything, everywhere and all the time. I need rest and solid rest. This is one of the few genuine requirements I do have in my life. More than anything else. Learnt to prioritise sleep.
3. Consistency, dedication and patience will give results. Not jumping from one fancy thing to another. Dedicated an hour to workout, ate clean and slept well. Most important, kept my mind empty. Result. Lost 6 kgs in 9 weeks. Pretty happy. Still long way to go, but the results are enough to keep me going.
4. Patience is a virtue. One can never have enough. Ofcourse it works against you when you don’t speak up. But on a daily basis, the more you have the better. I learnt the art of dealing one day at a time. Doing things that are needed. And continue. This is what not having maid and cook for a while can do to you. And a pretty good consequence, I must say.
5. Stay true to yourself but don’t get killed. I do not wanna elaborate on a public platform, but stuff did drive me crazy on personal front quite few times. Eventually, it was hard work to understand who I was, and what my value system is. That made it easy to make decisions and then find out workarounds to make things work. Pretty pretty pleased with myself for that.
It’s just in my blood to make plans. Here I go for next year –
Workout 5 days a week
Sleep 7 hours a day
Talk to loved ones atleast thrice a week
Read and watch atleast thrice a week
Pursue a hobby or pick up a sport
Start freelancing and earn decent money for my splurges
Next year I turn 40 and we shall revisit this list to see what happened and what didn’t.
Have a great day and keep rocking!!